Doris Ison Health Center is the flagship and largest health center of Community Health of South Florida, Inc. (CHI). The Doris Ison Center has been serving the South Florida community for more than 45 years and offers a variety of services. They include:
We accept most insurance plans and offer a sliding fee scale based on your income for the uninsured.
- Urgent Care: When you just can’t wait, head to one of our Urgent Care Center for general illness, injury treatment, and more. Monday-Sunday 3pm to 10pm
- Walk-In Medical Services: We offer walk-in services for primary care and pediatrics. Don’t have an appointment and you want to see the doctor? You can get top quality care at our walk-in services department. Monday-Saturday 8am-3pm
- Primary Care: A team of highly qualified primary medical providers are some of the best in patient care. They are skilled in a broad range of family-centered medical services including: acute and chronic disease management, preventative care, health education and much more.
- Pediatric Services include: Annual check-ups, acute and episodic care for all illnesses, chronic disease management, school physicals, parent education and immunizations. Through the Vaccines for Children Program, CHI provides free immunizations.
- Dental Care: Services include an initial exam and diagnosis, preventative care, restoration, surgery, prosthetics, cosmetic surgery and more. If you don’t have dental insurance, CHI can help you with that, too.
- OB/GYN: Includes annual Check-Ups and Pap Smears, family planning and contraceptive management, prenatal care, pre- and post-menopausal treatment, infertility and endocrine treatment, infectious disease diagnosis and treatment, cancer screening and treatment.
- Behavioral Health (adult and pediatric): Our behavioral health staff is among the best backed by intensive training and experience. In addition, we know compassion and understanding are important components to a successful behavioral health treatment. It is an integrated approach that combines behavioral health and medical services to work hand in hand for the patient’s benefit.
- On site Pharmacy services include: low-cost medications, free delivery, electronic prescription refills, anti-coagulation clinic, clinical pharmacy program, medication management and over-the-counter medicines at a much cheaper price than your major drug stores. Can’t afford your medications? We have programs that can help. Free prescription delivery available.
- Radiology: Services include general X-rays, Bone Density, and Digital Mammogram Ultrasound. We provide imaging services for patients of CHI providers and for patients of providers in the surrounding area.
- Laboratory: No need to travel offsite for a simple blood test. Our on site laboratory can do your routine testing and process many tests on site. Our lab interfaces with Quest and LabCorp and it enables our clinicians to receive lab results directly into the patient’s Electronic Health Record.
- Insurance enrollment: 1 on 1 enrollment help from our insurance specialists. They can help you enroll in Affordable Care Act Plans, Medicaid, Medicare, Kidcare and more.
The Doris Ison center is named after a visionary and trailblazer whose work led to improved access to healthcare for African-Americans. Ison was a pioneer whose passion and commitment led to the construction of a health center in South Dade. It opened its doors to the public in 1971. She passed away in 1989. However, her legacy remains alive through the numerous centers that have opened since then.
Community Health of South Florida, Inc.
now boasts 11 centers serving the South Miami-Dade including Monroe County and 34 school-based programs. CHI's motto is "Patient Care Comes First."